Thursday, March 3, 2016

February 2016 BOM


 FEB  BOM

     Another of my original quilt blocks!

        This month I decided to do something different. I broke the quilt block into 4  9 patch sections.

       So this is a 9 patch using my star point blocks and one plain block for the center.

         

Now once have made one of the blocks you will need to make 3 more for a total of 4  9 patch blocks. 


Here you see 4  9 patch blocks


Once you have the 4 blocks made - you then 
sew them into one quilt block. 



My quilt blocks are made using 6 rows of 6 blocks per row. I call this a 6 x 6 grid. So I realized I could break it down into  a 3 x 3 grid and use 4 blocks. that way it is easier to see how it fits together and is less intimidating.   

The whole point of my designs is to make the difficult look easy to do. You can make intricate quilt blocks with easy steps! Once you know the tricks to making my designs they aren't as hard to do as you might think!!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete