Saturday, January 16, 2016

November 2015 BOM

November 2016 BOM

Here is this month's Bom
of course it is my original design.

This one uses my version of a Drunkard's Path block



Here are my directions for making a Drunkard's Path block my way

I don't give you a size of template because you can use any size template you want. 

 1 1/2" for a 4 1/2" quilt block. 
2 1/2" for a 8 1/2" quilt block
3 1/2" for a 12 1/2" quilt block

First you make a flat yoyo. I use a circle at least 1/4" larger than the cardboard circle. then baste a thread around the edge. Draw the thread up so it is tight around the cardboard circle. Leave the thread at least 3" long. You can snip off the needle but not the thread yet. Spray with Sizing thoroughly on both sides and iron heavily. then let dry overnight or at least for several hours. Once it is dry then pull the yoyo open and remove the cardboard circle. gently pull the thread until the circle is back in it's shape. Now you can trim the thread off. 


Then sew the yoyo onto a background square. I set the yoyo under my needle and sew it slowly as I turn it with my right hand. This is the only curved sewing. 
Now follow the diagram below and cut the square into 4 sections. Trim the excess off on the back side. Using a template and rotary cutter cut out the square. Iron your block. 


So now you just have to make as many as you need in the colors that you need. 


I do offer one template for free. Send me you postal address and the size of template you would like to have. These have to go through the regular mail so no I can't send it by email. 

Enjoy!


Here are some quilt suggestions. I only changed colors I didn't change the basic quilt block. 










No comments:

Post a Comment