Saturday, March 14, 2015

Piece & Cut BOM - March

An original design by Rhonda - This is a 12 1/2" quilt block. 

Click on the 4 Patch tab above and the HST tab above for directions
on how to make the shortcut blocks I used in this design.
Once you learn to make those blocks then look at the layout picture below 
where you can see how the individual blocks are placed 
and where the colors need to be. 

You will need a 2 1/2" template for this design. 
I send out a free 2 1/2" hard plastic template. 
To receive one email me your postal address to patchesbyr@yahoo.com

This is my variation of a Jacob's Ladder

Name:  quilt block 2.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  47.9 KB

Here is the layout of the individual blocks
Pay attention to where the colors go and how the blocks are placed.

Name:  layout 000.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  46.4 KB

I hope you enjoy this pattern!!

Here is a quilt idea for using this quilt block. 

Name:  quilt.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  105.5 KB

4 comments:

  1. This is a very cool block and could make an awesome table runner. Do you have a tutorial on your site for this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool and so easy! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. I really like how this one comes out. I forgot to add the directions on how to make the 4 Patch Square Block and my version of an HST block. I'll get it added here.

    Verna you just need to learn to make the 4 Patch and the HSTs and then you look at the layout I posted above. In the layout I show how to place the colors and how the blocks are turned to get this design. Each month will be the same. I'll post the directions for making my shortcut blocks and then you just make how ever many you need with the right colors according to the layout and then sew the blocks together into the quilt block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay I updated the BOM post to include the directions for making my shortcut blocks. You will find the shortcut blocks in the tabs above the post.

    ReplyDelete