Saturday, October 8, 2011

Block of the Week on Quilting Haven

I post a quilt block designed by me every Friday on the Qulting Haven. The one I did for yesterday I really really like. so thought I would share it with you.

I name all my quilt blocks with old fashioned ladies names as I find it hard to come up with new names for my designs. I think the old fashioned names go really well with quilt blocks!

If you want to follow the Block of the Week on the Haven just click here:
  You will probably have to sign in before  you can see it.

    http://www.quiltinghaven.com/member-sew-swaps/rhonda's-bow-oct-7/


 Here is Daphne

This quilt block uses my Wings Block method. You can click on the Wings directions above on the tabs.
All you have to do to make this is to learn how to make a Wings Block


   Once you have learned how to make these Wings units then you just need to put the colors in the right places and then sew the squares together into the quilt block.


 Here you can see the blocks laid out as you would sew them together into the quilt block. Make sure you pay attention to where the color is and that the blocks are turned the right way or you will get a totally differant look to your quilt block!! LOL

                                                   

Hope you like this one as much as I do!!  Rhonda
                                                             









No comments:

Post a Comment